Her Character


on , , ,

No comments


You remember how we sat with chairs across of each other and opened our unfinished books to read them like finishing a chapter of our lives? You know how you comforted yourself and sat cross-legged, holding your book too tight and giving the impression that you'd cry your heart out if someone stole it, like a precious diamond? You had some kind of a dazzling smile that I had never seen before, and I wondered that day, I wondered too much that I thought I asked myself aloud, do books do this? Do books make us this beautiful? I can see you like I'm seeing a character I'm reading that has suddenly come to life, incarnated with all your beautiful features and smiles and laughter, only with a different name. I get back to my book so fast I think you see my failed attempt at sneaking. Every two minutes I finish a paragraph I think it has you in it somehow, the smile or the words maybe. Sometimes I come across a word you love like "infinity" or your favorite purple color or even your favorite flower. I once read that the universe conspires to make everything you really want, happen, only now I do believe it does.
Is it books that made me believe? Or loving you that made my heart biased to you? Is it just a smile or a word or a favorite color that makes me think this is for me? Or am I only being a fool by seeing you without seeing you? You'd think I'm too tugged in my book that I forget you, but instead I'm reading this book for you, to you, about you, and with you.


In reply to the previous prose. This is all in my head so don't worry :)


Leave a Reply

Just say it.