With no Horizons


on , , , , ,

No comments

For Syria


I find a way
between my thoughts
and your soul.
A single line, thin and starving,
Like that of a horizon, in a pitch black night

I walk with my extremely long shadow
(Yes, long is the word),
Though I'm short on thoughts;
I'm barely reflecting,
I'm probably just deflecting

From every thought, but you,
Calling in for some hero to
Save you, to embrace your anger
Because it's only fair - 
It's fair for you to be angry enough
To scream, to break the horizon
between us, and make us
-You, I, the world-
One

No, this is not  a love poem
Wake up
From your emotional imprisonment
your sentimentality,

Wake up
Because cowardice is an ocean,
it comes fatal like a single wave
And sometimes so cold,
So tepid you can hardly
feel it on your feet -
Yet it lingers

Breathe in
Breathe in, for the sands of time will
immerse you in dangerous feelings
Like getting used to statistics
Not souls, taken away in half a blink

--

I'm going to break this line even
I'm going to make your soul my thoughts
-My soul, your thoughts-
So we don't recognize
Sea from sky

And your shadow will no longer be
Be heavy on me.
I'm going to make me you
You, me,
And right then,
We will, they will
-the world will-
be free.




*I found myself inspired by the darkness of the sea at night while I was walking with my long shadow ashore. Many parts of this poem are based on real events.
*The last part was not intended, although it appears to be, inspired by Neruda's poem "Perhaps not to be is to be without your being".


Photo Credit to Nonionik

Leave a Reply

Just say it.