Write.


on , , ,

No comments

Write. Write because the more you cower the less you will ever be able to write. Write because no word is ever going to give the same meanings and feelings inside of you, so the least you could do is get some of this intensity out, for the sake of your own survival. Write because people need to read what you have to say when you think of the words to pen down. Sometimes it only requires one person to know we're not alone, and to know that someone, somewhere, somehow is sharing a feeling you keep within.
What you write does not have to be a wonderful prose piece; it does no even have to be by any means poetic. Poetry needs contemplation anyway and you need a simple and straightforward reassurance that you're there, you're alive, you feel like everyone else, and you carry the same sufferings as everyone else. You don't have to fight to be different in that too. At the end of the day we all experience the same feelings of guilt, reconsideration, and over-thinking. It is those minutes before sleep that also truly define us and who we are, and who we also want to be. It is these moments that let us discover ourselves within, and maybe, just maybe, do something about it someday.
Write, and I don't have to tell you about what you can write, because if you believe in Sylvia Plath's quote, you will know that everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it and the imagination to improvise; the worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt. But I am not asking you to be creative here nor am I asking you to be a writer per se; I am just asking you to write. Writing and being a writer are two different things.
It is okay if you do not find yourself in writing, and it is okay if you cannot even make it to the third line. Leave it. Move to doing something else. Get back to it later. Just do not let it rust out forever.
Write, because I need you to write, so badly. I need you to tell me the words in your mind and I need to know your stream of thoughts perhaps we will find some things in common, anything in common. And I am not just saying this to make myself feel better; I am saying this as a mutual benefit to both of us. Because I need to read your thoughts if I will never hear them.
I need you to write because your words will work like sun rays to the morning, because they will shine in my soul like a magic of inspiration from an unknown source and in a sudden moment.
I need you, all of you, to exist, in the same way that you are, with a few more words to write. And you will complete me, with your words, and some of my silence. And it will be my turn soon and I will write to you. I will write for you. I will write with you and I will write about you. And then you can set yourself free, and set me free with you.
Just write.

Leave a Reply

Just say it.