To Let Be..


on

6 comments

The lines on your face speak wisdom
while between my lips lie unspoken words
Your eyes held so many hidden truths
Alas! my breaths spoke vain lies.

Silence always used to guide
A truth that could never be denied

"Hope" was written on the palm of your hand
"Suicide" was scarred on my wrist
I fear running my fingers across your palm
For I destroy everything I touch..

The smile on your face was promising
The frown on mine would never disappear
I finally had the courage to look you in the eye
and I let out a sigh of relief

My heart was a desert with no emotion
our silence led to a truth of no confusion
It was always you, me and the smell of spring
And everyday you'd teach me how to mend

I'd always cry and tell you"good things always flee"
You'd smile and say "Let it be, just let it be".

6 comments

Leave a Reply

Just say it.