Real Fiction


on , , ,

No comments


I’d like to dedicate this story to you. Yes, you. I’d like you to forget who you are and be a fictional character. See how you make fictional characters real in your mind? Do the opposite now. Make yourself fictional. Fictionalize yourself. Forget that you’re real. You’re part of my imagination now, okay? I’ll host you cross-legged with the thoughts that keep roaming inside me endlessly. You can get a book and read too, or warm up my mind with a hot cup of tea in an early morning. Wake me up, it’s ok I don’t mind, I wouldn’t mind a fictional cup of tea too. Listen, you can do anything you want in there and I won’t sulk or resent you, free yourself. You’d think by freeing you inside of me that I’m, on the contrary, caging you, but have you ever thought about that when you visualized or fantasized about a fictional character too? No.
Walk me outside and let the fresh air of 5 A.M smoothly waken every feeling I can only get in early mornings, like serenity and purity and soul-repose and the calmness within. Take me down the stairs gently and hold my hand through the sunlight, don’t let me walk with morning shadows for I wouldn’t know who to walk with at night time. Now breathe in me and give me time to breathe you out so we can no longer know who’s fictional and who’s real. I bet you won’t want to be real again and I won’t want not to be fictional the next moment you breathe me out. Talk to me about the most ridiculous things ever, believe me in novels they are always beautiful than how they really are in real life; everything always seems more dazzling in books than in the verbal words of our life. You’ll see me laughing like those lonesome people you see down the streets- but it’s ok, people no longer think insanity is actually not being sane, it’s like digging your soul out, one true and real feeling inside of you, out of the few left.
Now sing to me, please please do, and when you start never stop, keep your voice the background in the beautiful empty streets we’ll pass by, let us not just be random passers-by, let us linger like deep people do. Let me also take you near the beaches of people’s memories and soul-purging, will you cast some spell so that the ocean never ceases to send its memories to people’s hearts, so that even the night won’t leave the loved and the loner scared of the abysmal darkness?
Will you free your soul each time you felt caged in reality, and transform yourself again in someone else’s thoughts, but never stop to enjoy being fictional in someone’s core? Will you never give up on the beauty of being unreal, of being fictional whenever you needed to?
Will you be my real fictional character forever?


1:32 AM 16th march 2013.



Leave a Reply

Just say it.